click on for NEW ENGLAND

Monday, August 10, 2009

THE WOMAN IN THE RAIN BARREL

Somewhere along the odl Windsor/Cornish Road, now called 'TOWN HOUSE ROAD', is a stone wall and somewhere there is supposedly a woman buried under a stone in it. Her old house,white, stands near the wall. It is not far from the old Church, which became a Grange Hall, and now houses the town Clerk's office. My grandfather, Frank Jones told me the story and showed me the wall,etc. It seems this woman who lived alone in that house came up missing. No one seemd to know where she had gone, but eventually after searching, her body was found in the rainbarrel,under the eave spout or gutter. She was, as far as I know, considered to have either fallen in the barrel and drowned or else drowned herself,but everytime I drive by on that road, I can't help but wonder if she might have been murdered. It happened a long time ago and I don't think my grandfather ever told me her name. Perhaps no one but myself recalls this.

No comments:

Post a Comment